The Mission of the Northeastern Speech-Language-Hearing Association
The Northeastern Speech-Language-Hearing Association of Pennsylvania (NESHAP) is a professional organization consisting of speech-language pathologists, audiologists, speech, language and hearing scientists, and educators of the hearing impaired within Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our mission is to promote the interests of and provide the highest quality services for professionals in the field, and advocate for people with communication disabilities.
1. To promote a better understanding of the speech, language, and hearing impaired.
2. To facilitate communication among those persons working with and/or responsible for the speech, language, and hearing impaired.
3. To contribute to the professional growth of the membership.
4. To encourage interdisciplinary cooperation and understanding.
5. To interact with the Pennsylvania Speech-Language-Hearing Association as a recognized regional association.